For travel to United States, TAME E.P.´s liability for any form of damage as a result of loss, damage or delay in delivery of a passenger's personal property shall limit to the fair value at the time of loss, damage or delay and will not exceed $3,500.00 USD for each passenger, except for wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
For international travel to which the Warsaw Convention applies, TAME E.P.'s liability is limited to approximately $20.00 USD per kilo up to $460.00 USD per bag for checked baggage.
For international travel to which the Montreal Convention, TAME E.P.´s liability is limited to 1,131 SDR (Special Drawing Rights) per passenger for checked baggage.
Avoid packing high-value, fragile or perishable items in your checked baggage. For domestic travel, TAME EP is not liable for loss, damage or delay in delivery of high-value, fragile or perishable items. See the following detailed listings:
- Incorrectly packed items
- Antiques, artifacts, heirlooms, collectibles, religious items and artifacts
- Backpacks or garment bags not designed for travel, sleeping bags and knapsacks, vinyl or other easily torn material with aluminum frames, outside pockets or with protruding straps and buckles.
- CDs, DVDs and MP3s
- Chinaware, glass, ceramics and pottery
- Computer hardware/software and electronic components/equipment
- Items in sacks or paper/plastic bags that do not have sufficient durability, without any sufficient protection to the contents
- Items that otherwise would be suitable for transportation without the cardboard box (e.g., bicycle, garment bag)
- Electronic and mechanical items, including cell phones, electronic games, and other related items
- Eyeglasses, binoculars, prescription sunglasses and non-prescription sunglasses and all other devices
- Flowers and plants
- Irreplaceable ítems, included in the passenger's checked or carry-on baggage with or without the knowledge of the airline.
- Items made of paper (e.g., advertising displays, blueprints, maps, manuscripts, business/personal documents, historical documents, photos, books, negotiable papers, securities, etc.)
- Jewelry, Money, Watches (timepieces)
- Liquids, perfumes, alcohol/liquor and Zamzam water
- Medicines and medical equipment (when not used as assistive devices pursuant to 14 CFR 382.3)
- Musical instruments
- Natural fruit products
- Perishable items such as food (e.g., fruits and vegetables, dry ice, tobacco)
- Photographic/cinematographic/audio/video equipment, cameras and related items
- Precious metals or stone
- Tools, battery powered hand tools, tool boxes/containers, automotive towbars
- Totally unprotected items such as tennis racquets and umbrellas, either individually checked or tied/strapped to the outside of bags
- Silverware, knives and swords
- Works of art such as paintings or sculptures
In the course of normal handling, your baggage may show evidence of use. TAME E.P. is never liable for destruction, loss or damage that results from an inherent defect, quality or vice of the baggage; also is not liable for loss, delays and/or damage that results from a security inspection of any local or federal Entity.
For domestic travel, TAME E.P. is not liable for conditions that result from normal wear and tear such as:
- Minor cuts, scratches, scuffs, dents and soil
- Damage to wheels, feet, extending handles and items of fragile or perishable items
- Damage as a result of overweight bags
- Loss of external locks, pull straps, security straps, or zipper tabs
- Manufacturer’s defects or ítems not desined for travel